Executive Director, Institut de la Francophonie pour l’Ingénierie de la Connaissance et la formation à distance (IFIC)
Mona Laroussi is teacher-researcher at the Université de Carthage (Tunis) and the Université de Lille 1 (France). She is seconded to the Agence universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) and currently holds the position of Executive Director of the Institut de la Francophonie pour l’Ingénierie de la Connaissance et la formation à distance (IFIC). The aim of this institute is to promote the deployment of digital technology in French-language universities, at the level teaching, research as well as governance.
At IFIC, Mona Laroussi has conducted the following activities:
- Organisation and facilitation of awareness raising activities concerning digital technology in education.
- Support to certificate courses and the setting up of French-language MOOCs: training of trainers, MOOC Certice.
- Overhaul of the Transfer system, training sessions on innovating technologies: update of the toolkit, improvement of the courses, etc.
- Participation in the implementation of the IDNEUF meta-portal for free educational resources.
- Several international projects, such as providing support to: open and distance learning and MOOCs; implementation of digital strategies; creation of Mirrtice (Mise en Réseau de la Recherche en TICE), an incubator for doctoral students (training in research methodologies and assistance for the development of PhD projects); scientific writing and research projects, calls for proposals, etc.
Mona Laroussi's research activities particularly concern TEL (Technology Enhanced Learning), and more specifically PEL (Personalized Learning Environment), how to combine adaptation and contextualisation in learning environments.
She is the (co-)author of several books and articles for international newspapers and national and international conferences.
For several years, she has managed the distance-learning master's degree "e-service international". This master's degree, supported by AUF, brings together four universities (Beirut, Namur, Lille and Tunis).
Mona Laroussi has also co-designed several projects involving digital technology, such as the SAME2 project, applying the multi-scale concept to a learning device, the INSAT-HP project (ubiquitous and collaborative course annotations), and the BASAR project (Banque de Scenarios d’Apprentissage hybrides réutilisable et interopérable).